Monday, October 06, 2008

DADDY CARES!

So many times in our lives we question God, wonder if he is really there, accuse him of not being considerate enough, try to provoke him to make his presence felt, all the while overlooking his presence an arm's length away. On my way to work today, I was busy cribbing and complaining about how unfair life has been the past few months to me and the people close to me. I was lost in a shadow of hopelessness, wondering where God has been when his children, who have committed no wrong have been going through all this turmoil. This day is going to be no different from yesterday, I thought. Now that it has started on such a sour note, it's going to be sour throughout. I was only at the bus stop for 2 minutes when my bus came, a nearly vacant bus that came to halt right in front of me. I got in; still unaware of this little thing God did to cheer me up. As soon as I stepped in, I caught sight of a cute guy sitting a couple of seats ahead. I looked at him, he looked at me, I looked away and moved ahead and found myself a seat. Not a big occasion, but it got me smiling. And then I spoke to God, "Alright, I'm on to you. I know what you are trying to do. And I am thankful". That dude must have been going about his business as usual, but even he didn't realize that there was another reason why he was on that particular bus. It just goes to show that we all have a purpose for being on this planet. Not one, but billions of purposes, most are really small and insignificant, like the one mentioned here, while others are life changing.

 

It is wrong to question God and accuse him of being uncaring. The truth couldn't have been farther. It isn't him who is uncaring; it is we who are ignorant. You ask God to show up and prove he exists; well he probably has an inflated ego himself (so now you know where you get it from). But just like a parent, he is ultimately a slave of his creations. So he tells you, "You need cheering up? Look I made that dog chase his tail, isn't he adorable? No? Umm, hey look up, I painted the sky your favorite shade of pink! Still doesn't do it? Okay, hey, remember the time you and your friends sat on top of Parsik hills, singing songs and throwing stones on train tops! That was a fun time, wasn't it?" And so on and so forth. That's how he does it. Little amusing things during the day, unexpected acts of kindness, nature's beauty, fond memories, etc., these are all his teeny weeny ways of brightening up our day. But we! Amusing things = stupidity; acts of kindness = acts with ulterior motives; nature's beauty = 'dodge that bird before it poops on you!', and fond memories = life is so busy and rotten now L. *SIGH*  I sympathize with the poor chap sitting up there, tirelessly trying to convince us that life is REALLY not as bad as we make it out to be, and that there is only one person we can count on to make us happy – ourselves.

 

So, moral of the story, look for the little things and believe that God cares, and that life is unfolding just the way it should. J


2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.