Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When shall this dog have his day?

3.30 PM on an idle Wednesday afternoon. I am sitting in my office, cursing the IT department for not fixing the server thats been down for hours now. After a stroll, a nap, a few games of spider solitaire, and some Coldplay tracks, I'm out of options to amuse myself. I cast a casual glance outside my glass window and catch sight of a stray dog having the heartiest time rolling about in the lawn. It makes me snigger.
 
The dog looks so very happy and content, without a care in the world. I cant help but envy him. I wish I could just lie flat on the amazing green lawn and let the blades of the grass scratch my back, without attracting any attention of course. I laugh at my silly thoughts.
 
But it gets me thinking, when did happiness stop being about rolling in the grass, catching butterflies, shouting contests, and Sunday morning Duck Tales on Doordarshan? Mmmmmmmm ...
 
Whooops, my sweet stroll down memory lane is rudely cut short. Server is back up. Snap back to reality. Buhbyee doggie (you lucky *&^%$#). Its back to business. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good work shw. I always adore your writing. I guess that’s because I can identify with it so well. As you know we are so creepily similar at times. I guess I can understand even the vaguest thing you write because it moves a leaf in my mind somewhere. Keep up the good work n happy writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.