Monday, September 22, 2008

I MOVED MY CHEESE

Another time, another place,
I’ve come somewhere far away.
Leaving all I knew behind,
New avenues hoping to find.

It was cozy, warm and familiar,
But there was a hurricane brewing somewhere near.
The comforts made me restless and stricken,
The familiarity reminded of treasure lying hidden.

So I tossed away my bean bag life,
Donned my sailor cap and took my stride.
“My New World awaits”, I said to them,
“Columbus didn’t stop at India” and I went.

Now the New World feels like a different planet,
It’s conquered but why did I ever want it?
Home feels like light years away,
Did I have to insist on holding sway?

While I was busy, cursing and questioning,
Clear as water came the reasoning.
What doesn’t move, will sit and rot,
But a rolling stone will gather no moss.

Unfamiliarity is always intimidating,
Give it sometime and it will sink in.
The alien wind will become your own,
The novelty will go and this will be your home.

2 comments:

  1. hey swe.. too good..i absolutely understand ur feelings behind this piece..i cud imagine u n ur moments wen u were here wid us..swe "Change" is part of life n its good, believe me.. n hope ur journey ahead is exciting n u get the best of evrythng there... good luck...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.