Thursday, June 12, 2014

Sometimes I'm sappy. Sometimes.

Dear runner,


Stay a while. I know you're upset. I know commitments are frustrating. We've only been together 2 months. This isn't even my last mistake. Let me make some more. Not all of them are as bad, I promise. Perhaps, someday you'll learn to love me more for them. That day, you’ll consider me yours.

This isn't our last fight, not even the worst. You'd be tempted to slay me some time. But you won't, not because it's illegal, but because I'll be yours, complete with all my endearing mistakes. But let us get on that road first. Let me make more mistakes. Give us some time. Please, stay a while.

We haven’t even started taking each other for granted yet. My home doesn’t even have a single, forgotten belonging of yours (except me, if you’ll allow it).  I don’t even know the name of your imaginary childhood friend. Let us get to know each other better. Give us some time. Please, stay a while.

Let me be your punching bag, your cold beer, your parent, your child, please, stay a while. Sorry, that was either very romantic or too corny. I tend to swing to extreme dramatics to make my point. Did you know that? This letter is your first clue. Get to know me better. Give us some time. Please, stay a while.

So, dear runner, think of me at your next pit stop and hit reply if you, you know, want to stay a while.


Sincerely,

Me.