Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I HATE THIS CIRCUS

I turned in my papers and gladly took up another job at another MNC a month ago. I waited around long enough. 14 months is a long time. I wasn’t moved to the department of my choice, no matter how much I begged and pleaded. Enough was enough, if you won’t give me what I want, I’ll go find someone who will, I said. So I packed up my bags, turned in my papers and took up another job elsewhere. It isn’t all I ever wanted, but it’ll do for now, I thought.

Last three days of my notice period left and my team mates are all being trained on doing news stories, something I kept begging for, for the last 14 months and I go WTF! Am I supposed to find this funny? Is God playing a prank on me? I took up another job, without a pay hike and which is a two hour bus ride away from my house. Here at my present job, I get a home pick up and drop. Why is life so unfair? Why don’t people get what they want, when they want it? Why does it all come to them when they don’t need it anymore?

Am I supposed to find this a test God is putting me to? I can’t help but find this whole thing one hilarious joke God played on me and can’t help but think that somewhere up there, God is having the heartiest laugh ever. Well, at least someone’s laughing. That’s life; a circus. Some days you are the lion, some days the clown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.