Monday, November 07, 2011

100 miles in the wrong direction


I once knew a man so full of fire, almost as much as mine,
All in a time of electric lights, when no one rubbed the flint stones of their mind.

I fell in love instaneously, worshipping his magic, at par with mine.
So lost was I in his blinding light, that my own ceased to shine.

Though his equal in every right and might, I bowed to his grandeur.
I bowed and bowed until I broke. And that’s all I could endure.

So I gathered the pieces of me I could find and walked a whole mile.
A mile away I tried to rebuild myself but he followed me all the while.

So I picked me up and walked 10 miles but he found me yet again.
So this time, I walked a 100 miles to try and outrun my bane.

I walked a 100 miles only to find I haven't all the pieces, I have all but one.
So now, I'm a 100 miles from home, alone and so undone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.