Friday, May 08, 2009

AS THE SAND KEEPS DRIPPING ..

Once so bright and so yellow
Your flame, is going mellow
Like the oils on a portrait,

Slowly fading away.

All the memories, I painted
All the pictures – they’re all tainted
The dry roses preserved in pages,
Slowly crumble away.

Your face, once so vivid
Your voice – now loud, now timid
The snapshots stuck in plastic,
Yellowing with time.

All your dreams, never written
All your clothes, now moth-eaten
Packed and sealed, wait in a corner
For a destination unknown.

The letters keep falling off your name plate
Life keeps offering a clean slate
But with every step that I take
I turn to watch you go deeper into the dark.

Until one day, it’ll all fade to black
Until one day, I’ll forget what I lack
But I don’t want to learn to live without,
Don’t want to stop missing.

2 comments:

  1. hey, i am an ardent fan of ur writing... wud u mind posting something humurous....i wud luv 2 read it..plz do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this work too is enchanting n the way you decided to keep the rhythmic scheme fixed at a-a-b-c...it helped the entire tempo...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.